Saturday, September 18, 2004

Micchami Dukkadam

Hi All,

Micchami Dukkadam, to all of you. According to my knowledge, the meaning of micchami dukkadam is ""On this auspicious occasion, after the Paryushan and Samvatsari pratikaman,
I wish you all Micchami Dukkadam! I ask forgiveness for any harm I may
have caused you, by thoughts, words or actions, knowingly or unknowingly.". Would someone like to improve this translation? Does anyone know the exact translation (if its different from the one I described)?


1 Comments:

Blogger tarang said...

The defination that you have said is correct. Just wanted to add a point regarding where it originated from.

Micchami Dukkadam came sanskrit or prakrut language (correct me if i m wrong) " Mithya mein dushkrutam".
may all the wrong deeds (dushkrutam) that I have done become wrong (mithya).

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home